About Us | Precht Rose Chapel and Barnes Chapel

History & Staff

Our Story

Learn our story, from the beginning and into the future.

In 1947 Pern Smith opened the Smith Funeral Home in Chelan to serve families in Manson and Chelan. The Smith Funeral Home’s chapel was named the Rose Chapel, due to the beautiful roses Pern and his family planted around the funeral home. Pern served the community until 1967 when Andy and Patti Precht purchased the funeral home, naming it Precht Rose Chapel. Andy and Patti have been extremely active members in the Chelan, Manson, and Brewster communities since their arrival in Chelan. Andy has served the area for over 40 years and plans to continue for many years to come. Andy’s son Kevin, representing the third generation involved in the funeral business, joined the firm in 2001 after graduating from the University of Washington, then from Arapahoe College of Mortuary Science. The Precht family greatly appreciates the opportunity to serve the community with care, compassion, and value.

In 1958 William Barnes established Barnes Funeral Home in Brewster, Washington and operated it until 1978 when Andy Precht and his brother, Ted Harrison, purchased the business. Andy and Ted served the Brewster community as a partnership until 1997 when Andy became sole owner. Barnes Chapel has always been operated to deliver maximum value to families in the Brewster area, with a focus on service and genuine care for those we are privileged to serve.

Who We Are

Meet our staff. Members of the local community make everything that happens possible.
Together, we make this place amazing.

Kevin  Precht

Kevin Precht

Owner ~ Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer
Read Bio
Mike Boyd

Mike Boyd

Funeral Director
Read Bio

Our locations.

See where we are and find the place that best meets your needs.